Friday, January 8, 2010

Attitude of Gratitude




I have been surprised this week by little gifts from a smattering of people in my life. These gifts were small and but full up with big thought. Don’t misunderstand: it does not take a gift to get my attention. It was the thoughtfulness of the gifts that touched me.

There is a lot of talk these days about gratitude as in “attitude of gratitude” and the like. Some days I am into all this “positivity” and am totally hippied out. Other days I want to throw things across the room and launch my shoes at random other drivers in traffic. I can be a little fickle.


Today though, I’m feeling it, the gratitude that is.


See...it is the thought that makes these gifts so awesome:


Because someone knows I love coke but noticed I never finish a whole one, An 8 pack of miniature 8 oz cans of Coke Classic

Because I had mentioned in small talk that I watched Ghostride the Whip and was now in love with Mac Dre, 3 mixed CD’s of Bay Area Rap classics.

Because caramel is my favorite things to eat, and I happen to like sea salt a lot too, a box of Poco Dolce tiles. Caramel and sea salt.

Because...well because I’ve got an addiction to lip balm (spend 15 minutes with me and you’ll understand), Ganache lip balm to enable me

Because I do a little gardening when it’s warm and nothing is really growing outside right now because its kinda cold, a beautiful orchid for the desk.


I'm thankful for all the above, and of course so, so much more.


No comments:


My photo
San Francisco, California